Design your own personalised Sun Strip for all models of MINI's except for Paceman and Countryman. Our Sun Strips are made out of high-quality blackout vinyl, these Sun Strips will keep the sun out your eyes to let you concentrate on enjoying your Mini whilst giving your Mini some extra style. Just click on the "START DESIGNING" button above to make your own personalised Mini Sun Strip.
1. Thoroughly clean the windscreen to remove all dirt, grit and grease with soap and water.
2. Measure down from each side of the top of the screen and apply a little masking tape, to mark the same length at each side of the windscreen. This will help ensure the strip is applied 'straight'
3. Spray the outside of the windscreen with a thin layer of soapy water.
4. Remove backing paper from the sun strip and spray soapy water to that too!
5. You need two people to do this part. Lightly apply sun strip to the windscreen. The soapy water will allow movement of the strip so you can slide it around until it is in the exact position you want and that its placed centrally.
6. Starting from the middle squeeze out excess water and air bubbles from under the strip, a plastic squeegy or the side of a credit card is a handy tool for this (one with smooth edges, if in doubt wrapping it in a sock or cloth will prevent it scratching the vinyl). Gently work out any bubbles and leave it to dry. Pin prick any bubbles that won't go away and press flat.
7. A special transfer backing paper is applied over the cut out letters or shapes you have designed to hold the parts in place. Now you can gently peel away this backing paper taking care not to remove loose parts of you design at the same time.
8. When it is fitted and you are happy, it is essential to leave it to dry completely before driving off or using the wipers. A hairdryer or heat gun can be useful here ‐ if it isn't completely dry it won’t stick properly and could fly off or tear!
Please let us know if you think any additional information would be useful and we will add it here.
Some of our products are large items to ship and it is difficult to calculate accurate shipping costs to everywhere in the world - if you are unhappy about the shipping cost quoted at checkout please contact us with your exact location and postal code so that we can do our best to get you the most effective personalised shipping cost possible. We do not attempt to profit from delivery charges so we will get you the best deal we can.
We're dedicated to delivering your purchase as quickly and affordably as possible. Some of our products are hand made or custom made to order so they are not held in stock. Some goods come from abroad so may take a little longer than you expect.
If your purchase is time critical please check with us before placing your order to avoid being disappointed.
Car modification laws in the UK and elsewhere are in place to ensure drivers who want to enhance their vehicles adhere to certain safety standards. While modifications are a great way to alter the look and performance of a car, some may also affect the handling and overall safety of the vehicle on the road.
You may need to inform your insurance company of any modifications made to your car – whether they were already installed when you purchased the vehicle or if you have done them yourself. If you don’t tell your insurer, any future claim you make could be turned down. Worse still, your insurance could be completely invalidated. Modifications carried out to any car may affect the vehicle manufacturers warranty.